RN Clinical Staff Labor and Delivery
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit Supervisor of LDRP Nursing, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability fororganizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing preferred
- Associates degree in nursing required
- Minimum of two (2) year of clinical nursing experience in LDRP nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice;
- Current California Nursing license
- Certification in Maternal Child Health Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skillsCurrent Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Required. (AWHONN or NCC preferred)
- Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) within 90 days of hire or notification of requirement; transition to Crisis Prevention Intitute Card (CPI)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.