RN Clinical Unit Supervisor Med Surg/Tele (3rd Floor)
Full Time, Nights
Pay Range: $50.24 - $76.48
Job ID: ClinSupv
Los Angeles, 90059
The Clinical Unit Supevisor is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of Medical-Surgical and Telemetry Nurisng care patient care. Reporting to the Nurse Manager of Medical Surgical Nursing, the Clinical Unit Supervisor has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing (individuals hired without a BSN will be required to complete a degree program within 5 years of their hire date)
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing experience in Medical / Surgical /Telemetry nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice; minimum one (1) year of Clinical Unit Supervisor experience.
- Internal candidates will be considered at managements discretion.
- Current California Nursing license
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
- Basic EKG Competence
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record preferred
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.