RN Critical Care ICU, $7 Night Differential
Full-time, 7 PM
Los Angeles, 90059
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities.
The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Associates Degree in Nursing/equivalent or higher level of nursing degree required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical nursing experience in Critical Care nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice.
- RN’s new to the specialty will have a minimum of one year clinical nursing experience.
- Internal candidates that have successfully completed the MLKCH Nurse Residency Program, Transition Program, or Cross Training will be considered.
- Current California Nursing license
- Certification in Critical Care Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association.
- Completion of Critical Care Course preferred
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.