RN Diabetes Educator
Full Time Days
Pay Range: $102,523.20 - $148,636.80
Job ID: Certi Diab Educ
Los Angeles, 90059
Diabetes Educator RN has experience in diabetes care and education. The RN will contribute to developing, reviewing and revisinge all diabetes education material.The RN promotes self-management to achieve individualized behavioral and treatment goals that reduce risk and optimize health outcomes. The RN has the responsibility to provide diabetes education to both the patient, their family and/or caregivers and Martin Luther King Jr., Community Healthcare (MLKCH) clinical staff. This role supports Martin Luther King Jr., Medical Group (MLKMG) ambulatory clinics by providing and/or reviewing current clinical diabetes educational material to ensure all teaching material is congruent across the MLKCH service lines.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical nursing experience and a minimum of two (2) years of diabetes education experience in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Certification of Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) required within 6 months of hire.
- Candidates with CDCES exam eligibility will be considered and will be required to pass the exam within 90 days of the start date.
- Experience with an EHR preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skillsCurrent Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.