RN Lead Wound Care Nurse
Pay Range: $52.74 - $76.48 Hourly
Job ID: LWoundRN
Los Angeles, 90059
Under the supervision of Sr. Director Professional practice and Education r, the lead wound care nurse will serve as a clinical resource to MLKCH staff on issues pertaining to patients with wounds, pressure ulcers, ostomies, fistulas and incontinence. The Lead Wound Care Nurse will supervise the wound care team members and educate hospital staff regarding the management of wounds and the prevention of nosocomial pressure injuries. The Lead WCN will provide direct patient care for evaluation and education purposes. The Lead WCN will establish and maintain practice standards and ensure adherence to policies and procedures related directly to caring for patients with pressure injuries..The Lead Wound Care Nurse (WCN) demonstrates a high degree of professional competence in a specialized field of nursing and utilizes advanced theoretical and empirical knowledge and a scientific approach to problem solving.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing. MSN or higher, preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in wound care
- Minimum one year acute care nursing experience
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN); or Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) required.
- Current California RN license.
- Current BLS card.
- he Lead Wound Care RN provides direct and indirect patient care, is responsible for the assessment planning, implementation and evaluation of wound care for patients. The Lead Wound Care nurse acts as a wound care resource person for physician and nursing staff on issues pertaining to patients with wounds, pressure ulcers, ostomies, fistulas and incontinence. The Lead WCN collaborates with members of the healthcare team in the implementation of needed interventions to promote wound healing and prevention of skin breakdown. Additionally, the position is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.