Los Angeles, 90059
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities.
The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Bachelor in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
- Internal Candidates that have successfully completed the MLKCH Versant Nurse Residency Program will be considered
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of 12 months of Med/Surg/Telemetry or Critical Care nursing experience preferred with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice and/or at the discretion of the Manager/ Director.
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG CompetenceCertification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrhythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)
- Blue Card within 90 Days of hire or requirement notification.
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.