RN Med Surg/Tele Unit
Days and Nights
Los Angeles, 90059
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Manager of Medical-Surgical Telemetry, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care
- Bachelor in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
- Internal Candidates that have successfully completed the MLKCH Versant Nurse Residency Program will be considered
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of 12 months of Med/Surg/Telemetry or Critical Care nursing experience preferred with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice and/or at the discretion of the Manager/ Director.
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG Competence
- Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrhythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of hire or requirement notification.
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles.
Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of tens of thousands of our neighbors. If you are committed to making a difference with your work, come work with us.