RN Observation Area (COA/Tele)
Part Time, Nights
Los Angeles, 90059
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities.
The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care.
- Associates in Nursing required.
- Bachelor's in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical nursing experience in a Definitive Observation Unit (DOU), Emergency Department, Telemetry, ICU, or Progressive Care Unit.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) or done within 90 days of hire or promotion/transfer
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.