RN Telemetry Medical-Surgical Float Pool
Full Time, Days
Pay Range: $46.45 - $74.62 Hourly
Job ID: RN-3
Los Angeles, 90059
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Manager of Medical-Surgical Telemetry, the RN will float as needed throughout the hospital to provide care for Medical-Surgical Telemetry patients. The settings would include inpatient Medical-Surgical Telemetry units as well the Emergency Department, the Intensive Care Unit or the Post Anesthesia Care Unit when overflow Medical-Surgical Telemetry are being boarded there. The Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience in Telemetry or combined Medical-Surg-Tele unit.
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG Competence
- Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrhythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of hire or requirement notification.
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.