Registered Nurse – Charge – Critical Care
Full Time, Nights, 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
91352, Sun Valley
The CRITICAL CARE REGISTERED NURSE is a member of the patient care team responsible for providing direct nursing care to critically ill or injured patients including: assessment, plan of care, education and evaluation. The CRITICAL CARE REGISTERED NURSE provides patient care duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other members of the patient care team.
Position Responsibilities: Provides patient care, reviews and administers patient medications, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age-appropriate manner that meets scope of practice and standards of nursing practice. Recognizes change in patient’s clinical condition, takes appropriate action and documents intervention. Provides ongoing assessments and documents the patient’s physical, as well as response to care.
- Two (2) years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse with one (1) year experience in a critical care or intensive care unit.
- Valid CA RN license
- BLS and ACLS required
- Completion of Critical Care and basic arrhythmia courses
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organization skills required
- Basic computers skills – Empower experience preferred
About the Hospital
Pacifica Hospital, a 231-bed acute care Joint Commission Accredited facility, has been a major provider of health care to adults in the San Fernando Valley for over three decades. The hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, including 24-hour Emergency care.