Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse (RN)
Part time, 7am - 5:30 pm
The Radiology RN is responsible and accountable for the care of patients in the Radiology Department during interventional and diagnostic procedures. In addition, the RN will collaborate with the Radiologists, ordering physicians, and staff RN’s to determine the most appropriate care of the patient. The Radiology RN performs patient care duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinate the delivery of care provided by other health care team members. The Radiology RN will be responsible and accountable for the universal protocol / time out process in radiology procedures, when applicable.
The Radiology RN is also responsible for mentoring Radiology Technologists in IV starts for contrast injections. The Radiology RN is responsible and accountable for providing placement of PICC’s and midline catheters within the inpatient and outpatient hospital setting.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current California RN license
- Current BCLS, ACLS certification
- EKG and arrhythmia management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, works independently, good communication skills
- Bachelors of Science degree in NursingA
- t least 1 year experience in Interventional Radiology procedures
- At least 1 year experience in Critical Care or Emergency Services
- Experience with moderate IV sedationCompletion of an approved PICC and ultrasound course and experience in PICC placement
About the Hospital
PIH Health Hospital - Downey is a nonprofit hospital with a rich, nearly 100-year history of meeting the healthcare needs of its community.
The Downey campus is part of the PIH Health comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 18 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
According to US News & World Report, the hospital scores highly in patient safety and orthopedics. With 955 employees, the hospital is the 5th largest employer in the city of Downey.