Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse, DOU
The Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse, BSN provides direct patient care and charge nurses duties. The primary nursing responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Standards of professional performance required include ethics, education/competency, quality practice, effective communication, leadership skills, collaboration, and evidence-based practice/research utilization. Charge nurse duties include, assessment of patient and staff needs, coordination of care delivery and patient flow, and serve as role model and resource.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skills
- Organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Clinical education related to specialty
- Principles of patient/family teaching
- Current California RN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Current Basic Life Support certification
About the Hospital
PIH Health Hospital - Downey is a nonprofit hospital with a rich, nearly 100-year history of meeting the healthcare needs of its community.
The Downey campus is part of the PIH Health comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 18 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
According to US News & World Report, the hospital scores highly in patient safety and orthopedics. With 955 employees, the hospital is the 5th largest employer in the city of Downey.