RN, Case Manager
Days, Per Diem
Job ID: 18009-977
The RN Case Manager manages a continuum of care from pre-admission through post-discharge for assigned patients. Assure that patients and families proceed efficiently throughout the course of hospitalization. Focus of the position is the appropriate utilization of hospital services, maximizing reimbursement from all third party payors, and education of medical/hospital staff about healthcare options.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
- Valid California RN license required
- Computer proficiency required
- Minimum of 3 years acute hospital clinical nursing experience required
- Previous experience in case management preferred
- Organizational abilities and familiarity with medical assessment preferred
- Understanding of treatment plans and healthcare delivery system preferred
- Broad knowledge of disease process, pathophysiology and treatment plan required
- Strong assessment skills with high-developed critical thinking skills and analysis abilities required
- Understanding of psychosocial and cognitive assessment required
- Familiarity with discharge planning process and care options required
About the Hospital
PIH Health Hospital - Downey is a nonprofit hospital with a rich, nearly 100-year history of meeting the healthcare needs of its community.
The Downey campus is part of the PIH Health comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 18 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
According to US News & World Report, the hospital scores highly in patient safety and orthopedics. With 955 employees, the hospital is the 5th largest employer in the city of Downey.