RN, Emergency Care Center
Job ID: 16960-977
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Provides direct nursing care including: assessment, plan of care, education, and evaluation for assigned patients. Performs patient duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care team members and disciplines.
- Current California RN license required
- Current Basic Life Support Card required
- Evidence of continuing education required
- Prior experience in an acute care facility or formal classroom education required
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills required
- Basic organizational skills required
- Basic computer skills required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities required
- Patient assessment.Clinical education related to specialty required
- Principles of patient/family teaching required
About the Hospital
PIH Health Hospital - Downey is a nonprofit hospital with a rich, nearly 100-year history of meeting the healthcare needs of its community.
The Downey campus is part of the PIH Health comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 18 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
According to US News & World Report, the hospital scores highly in patient safety and orthopedics. With 955 employees, the hospital is the 5th largest employer in the city of Downey.