RN, Surgery Main OR
Job ID: 17714-977
The Registered Nurse provides perioperative nursing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing process. Performs within the standards of professional practice and hospital policies and procedures. Coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care team members and disciplines.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
- Current California RN license required
- Current BLS certification required
- Two (2) years of circulating OR experience required
- General Surgery experience preferred
- Evidence of continuing education required
- Demonstrates good English communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal required
- Basic organization skills required
- Basic computer skills required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities required
- Patient assessment skills required
- Clinical education related to specialty required
- Basic EKG skills required
About the Hospital
PIH Health Hospital - Downey is a nonprofit hospital with a rich, nearly 100-year history of meeting the healthcare needs of its community.
The Downey campus is part of the PIH Health comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 18 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
According to US News & World Report, the hospital scores highly in patient safety and orthopedics. With 955 employees, the hospital is the 5th largest employer in the city of Downey.