Department Supervisor RN, ICU
Los Angeles, 90017
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Department Supervisor (RN) is responsible for organizing, supervising and directing the delivery of quality patient care and coordinating department based activities. The Department Supervisor (RN) supervises nursing personnel on assigned unit/shift including: interpreting department policies and procedures, participating in identification and investigation of problems.
- Current California RN license.
- Two years recent experience in specialty area.
- Management experience preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- LA City fire card within 6 months of employment.
- Department specific certifications, ie. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association.
About the Hospital
Come to Good Samaritan for a richness of experience beyond the practice of exceptional medicine. With a multi-cultural staff of more than 1,600 employees and 650 physicians, we offer opportunities to work and grow among people from a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and traditions.