Director of Staff Education Transition Care Unit
Los Angeles, 90017
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Director of Staff Development (DSD)/MDS Coordinator is responsible for the development of the plan of education for the Transitional Care Unit (TCU). The DSD works with the Clinical Director to orient, educate, and train the TCU Staff in accordance with standards, regulations, and best practice, using a variety of teaching methods.
- Current California RN license
- Current CPR certification
- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN program
- Two years’ clinical experience in an acute care or post-acute care facility
- LA City Fire Card within six months of employment
- Current Director of Staff Development certification (DSD)
- Prior experience in an acute care facility or formal classroom education
- Prior experience in long term care setting
- Knowledge of Title XXII, OBRA, MDS and Medicare regulations
- Knowledge/experience in adult teaching methods
About the Hospital
Come to Good Samaritan for a richness of experience beyond the practice of exceptional medicine. With a multi-cultural staff of more than 1,600 employees and 650 physicians, we offer opportunities to work and grow among people from a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and traditions.