RN Emergency Department
Job ID: 17884-977
Los Angeles, 90017
Responsible for independently utilizing the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients based on policies and procedures. Delivers individualized quality patient care through a coordinated team approach with physicians, staff, other departments and the patient’s family. Complies with the California Nurse Practice Act, Article 2, Section 2725 of the Business and Professions Code.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Current California RN LicenseBLS from American Heart Association
- ACLS from American Heart Association (Telemetry, CVDOU, ICU, CICU, DOU, AMI, Recovery Room only)
- NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification within 6 months of employment (ICU, CICU & DOU only)
- NIHSS preferred for Telemetry & CVDOUPALS from AHA within 6 months of employment (Recovery Room only)
- LA City Fire Card within 6 months of employment (PHGSH only)
- 6-months of experience or acceptance in/completion of a New Grad/Internship program
About the Hospital
Come to Good Samaritan for a richness of experience beyond the practice of exceptional medicine. With a multi-cultural staff of more than 1,600 employees and 650 physicians, we offer opportunities to work and grow among people from a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and traditions.