Clinical Educator, Peri Operative Services
Req #16483 - 977
The RN Educator for Peri Operative Services is a registered nurse with expertise in nursing education who influences the professional growth, development and competence of operating room staff; is responsible for participating in the planning, organization and implementation of education and clinical development of operating room staff.
The educator maintains standards of professional performance required to include ethics, education/competency, quality practice, effective communication, leadership skills, collaboration, and evidence-based practice utilization.
- Clinical competence with strong assessment skills
- Ability to plan, organize, control and evaluate
- Independent performance
- Strong clinical knowledge in all aspects of critical care
- Current California RN License
- BSN Degree required
- CNOR preferred
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development
- Minimum three (3) years clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Operating Room experience
- Demonstrated teaching ability in formal and informal setting
- Current ACLS certification
- ACLS Instructor preferred
About the Hospital
Our Whittier campus delivers outstanding and compassionate care to patients, every day.
Among other awards, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for the third consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
PIH Health Hospital in Whittier, CA is located 30 minutes east of Los Angeles, close to the Los Angeles and Orange County border. There are many great communities in which to live that surround the hospital. This means easy access to work, great dining, shopping, entertainment and spectacular beaches. Whatever your passion, you’ll find the right place for it here.