Registered Nurse (RN), Emergency Department
Provides direct nursing care including assessments, care plan, education, and evaluation for assigned patients. Performs patient duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care team members and disciplines.
- Demonstrates fluency in English communication, to include reading, writing, and verbal communication.
- Basic organizational skills to include ability to follow directions as outlined in policies or given by supervisor.
- Basic EKG interpretation
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skillsKnowledge of legal implications of nursing
- Demonstrates appropriate critical intervention skills
- Valid California RN License with evidence of continuing education 30 units per two years
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- Experience in use of critical intervention skills (preferably Emergency Department)
- Formal hospital orientation
- Non-violent crisis intervention training annually
About the Hospital
Our Whittier campus delivers outstanding and compassionate care to patients, every day.
Among other awards, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for the third consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
PIH Health Hospital in Whittier, CA is located 30 minutes east of Los Angeles, close to the Los Angeles and Orange County border. There are many great communities in which to live that surround the hospital. This means easy access to work, great dining, shopping, entertainment and spectacular beaches. Whatever your passion, you’ll find the right place for it here.