RN Clinical Director, Telemetry
This RN Clinical Director is responsible and accountable for 24-hour operations within the assigned nursing unit(s) to include: patient experience; personnel management, fiscal resources, performance improvement, and interdepartmental coordination/collaboration. The RN Clinical Director ensures standards of care are met and that relationships with providers and all disciplines are collegial; working together to keep the patient and family at the center of all decisions. Works with Chief Nursing Officer and Senior Director on PIH Health strategic goals. Works with respective unit(s) with an emphasis on superior performance and value-added strategies with unwavering focus on customer/patient care. Leads by example. This is a management exempt position.
- Analytical skills, knowledge of Joint Commission, Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) Condition of Participation, Title 22 licensing requirements, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and unit specific nursing practice guidelines
- Has ability to articulate to the community of constituents the value range and necessity of Post-Acute Care Services both from acute care and long term care perspectives.
- Knowledgeable in county and state regulations regarding unit specific standards and operations.
- Effective written/oral communications
- Problem-solving skills and organization skills
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement tools, Plan Do Check Act performance improvement methodology and techniques
- Personal computer skills and knowledge of applicable software programs
- Knowledge of trends in nursing practice
- Clinical competence
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing
- BSN Degree required
- Current California RN License
- Current BLS certification
About the Hospital
Our Whittier campus delivers outstanding and compassionate care to patients, every day.
Among other awards, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for the third consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
PIH Health Hospital in Whittier, CA is located 30 minutes east of Los Angeles, close to the Los Angeles and Orange County border. There are many great communities in which to live that surround the hospital. This means easy access to work, great dining, shopping, entertainment and spectacular beaches. Whatever your passion, you’ll find the right place for it here.