RN, Nursing Instructor, PIH Health and Cerritos College Work Embedded Program, Education
PIH Health developed a Work Embedded Program in partnership with Cerritos College Nursing Program to train a group of PIH Health employees to become Registered Nurses (RN). Part of this partnership is for PIH Health to employ a Nursing Instructor to work full-time at Cerritos College during the academic year.
The Nursing Instructor embraces the mission and philosophy of PIH Health and Cerritos College while possessing the knowledge, skills, and ability to work closely with other faculty, the college campus community, and affiliating health agencies to provide the best educational experience for the student body.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to meeting the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of the student, community, and employee population.
- Active California Registered Nursing License
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of two years of registered nursing experience in either direct patient care and/or registered nursing level teaching
- Registered nurse patient care and teaching experience must have been within the past five years
- Minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Completion of at least (1) year experience teaching nursing R/T RN coursework OR completion of post-baccalaureate coursework which includes practice in teaching registered nurses (Submit official coursework with descriptions)
- CA Driver License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate for Healthcare Provider
- Current Immunizations: Physical Exam, TB Test (or CXR), Titers for Varicella/MMR/HepB, Tdap, Influenza, COVID (or verification of exemption)
- At least (1) year of clinical experience in Medical Surgical Nursing
- At least (1) year of clinical experience in a second specialty area (Psych, OB, PEDs, ICU)
- More than 2 years of teaching experience in didactic and clinical at the Associate or Baccalaureate level of nurse training
About the Hospital
Our Whittier campus delivers outstanding and compassionate care to patients, every day.
Among other awards, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for the third consecutive year by Truven Health Analytics.
PIH Health Hospital in Whittier, CA is located 30 minutes east of Los Angeles, close to the Los Angeles and Orange County border. There are many great communities in which to live that surround the hospital. This means easy access to work, great dining, shopping, entertainment and spectacular beaches. Whatever your passion, you’ll find the right place for it here.