Care Manager (Case Management) – Utilization Management
Per Diem, 1st Shift
Pay Range: $56 (Min.) - $56 (Max.) Hourly
The purpose of the Care Manager position is to support the physician and interdisciplinary team in facilitating patient care, with the underlying objective of enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction while managing the cost of care and providing timely and accurate information to payers. The role integrates and coordinates utilization management, care facilitation and discharge planning functions. The Care Manager is accountable for a designated patient caseload and plans effectively in order to meet patient needs, manage the length of stay, and promote efficient utilization of resources. In addition, the Care Manager helps drive change by identifying areas where performance improvement as needed (e.g., day to day workflow, education, process improvements, patient satisfaction). This position reports to the Director, Case Management.
- Current California State License as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- BS degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Three or more years strong clinical experience in clinical practice area to which assigned preferred.
- Case Management (ACM or CCM) certification preferred.
- Strong analytical, data management, and computer skills desired.
- MAB certification required within 3 months of hire if assigned to the Emergency department or Behavioral Health.
About the Hospital
Redlands Community Hospital is a not-for-profit, 229-bed acute care facility, and growing! Although officially founded and incorporated in 1929, RCH history has roots dating back to 1903 when Redlands opened its first medical facility.