Clinical Nurse Specialist – NICU
Full Time, 1st Shift
Pay Range: 56.17 - $81.45 hourly
Reporting to the Director, this position requires a full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Redlands Community Hospital and the nursing department. Through demonstrated advanced clinical knowledge, skill, and competence, the Clinical Nurse Specialist facilitates learning, educational experiences, and educational activities for nursing personnel through direct and indirect methods.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist plans, develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates orientations, in-services, and continuing education/staff development programs in collaboration with directors, managers, staff, physicians, hospital departments, and others as needed. He/she acts as an education advisor to the nursing staff and managers to identify learning needs and designs, implements, and evaluates standards of practice.
- Current California State RN license required.MSN as Clinical Nurse Specialist required; Doctorate of Nursing Practitioner preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current NRP certification required; instructor certification preferred.
- STABLE certification required; instructor certification preferred.
- Four years experience in acute care nursing with two years in area of specialty required.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Two years experience with program/course design, presentation, and evaluation preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer (Word, Excel, and e-mail functions) required.
About the Hospital
Redlands Community Hospital is a not-for-profit, 229-bed acute care facility, and growing! Although officially founded and incorporated in 1929, RCH history has roots dating back to 1903 when Redlands opened its first medical facility.