Director, Perioperative Services
Reporting to the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer, this position is responsible for the overall direction of the Surgery Department, PACU, Ambulatory Infusion Center (temporary), GI Lab, CPD and Center for Surgical and Specialty Care.
The Director has oversight and responsibility for all financial, managerial, strategic, and clinical objectives. The Director directs, plans, and develops all aspects of quality patient care to achieve clinical and service excellence.
The Director ensures staff development, performance, and competence, staffing patterns, performance improvement, capital and operating budgeting, and internal and external marketing and communication for the department.
This position is accountable to county, state, and federal agencies in addition to other external regulatory agencies for maintaining compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Current California Nursing (RN) license required
- Current CPR, PALS, ACLS certification required with Certification in Specialty preferred
- Three years of clinical experience in acute care; two years’ experience in management with increasing supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledgeable in regulatory requirements: Federal, State, Title XXII, The Joint Commission, and California Department of Public Health
- Highly motivated, self-starter, values-based, energetic, enthusiastic, honest and professional with strong personal integrity and a pragmatic, proactive approach to problem-solving
- A nice person who aligns well with the RCH culture of caring
- Demonstrated leadership ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively across organizational lines and with a diverse group of people and disciplines, including physicians
About the Hospital
Redlands Community Hospital is a not-for-profit, 229-bed acute care facility, and growing! Although officially founded and incorporated in 1929, RCH history has roots dating back to 1903 when Redlands opened its first medical facility.