L&D Registered Nurse (Experienced)
Part Time - Per Diem, Night
Reporting to the Nursing Director of Maternal Child Services, the staff RN performs professional role functions in accordance with scope of practice and professional standards, including demonstrating the knowledge and ability to use and/or lead the scope of practice, professional standards and accreditation / regulatory standards, scope of practice for LVN and all other nursing personnel e.g. unlicensed assistive personnel. The RN must demonstrate the ability to assess their own professional role performance, must demonstrate current knowledge of theory and principles related to discipline specific practice, and must demonstrate the ability to use a population based approach to determine patient needs.
- Current CA State licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR certificate required.
- Current NRP preferred upon hire. Required within 3 months of hire for experienced RN’s (required within 6 months of hire
- for new grad RN’s).
- ACLS preferred upon hire. Required within 3 months of hire for experienced RN’s
- (required within 6 months for new grad RN’s).
- Basic Fetal Monitoring required or Introduction to Fetal Monitoring required within 1 month of hire for new grad RN’s or
- RN’s with no Labor & Delivery experience.
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring required upon hire for experienced RN’s (required within 9 months of for new grad RN’s or
- RN’s with no Labor & Delivery experience).
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring required within 2 years of employment.
- Experience and/or training in leadership preferred, if acting as a charge nurse.
Relevant Experience: 1-3 years
About the Hospital
Redlands Community Hospital is a not-for-profit, 229-bed acute care facility, and growing! Although officially founded and incorporated in 1929, RCH history has roots dating back to 1903 when Redlands opened its first medical facility. Programs and Services with more than 1,800 employees, 300 physicians and more than 300 volunteers, Redlands Community Hospital provides acute care services that adhere to the highest standards.