Nurse Manager – Emergency Services & Observation Unit
Full Time, 2nd Shift
Pay Range: $136698 (Min.) - $198203.20 (Max.) Annually
Reporting to the Nursing Director of Emergency Services & Observation Unit, this position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Redlands Community Hospital. The Nurse Manager is responsible for specialty nursing services for the Emergency Department & Observation Unit. The Nurse Manager has 24 hour accountability to coordinate the provision of care and ensures that appropriate nursing practice and patient care standards are met. The Nurse Manager adheres to the Patient’s First philosophy of Safety, Compassion, and Efficiency. The Nurse Manager is able to coordinate care not only for individual patients, but also to lead the care delivery of multiple patients in the nursing care area. S/he collaborates with other professional disciplines/unit leaders to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery.
- Current CA State licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR certification required (American Heart Association only).
- Current ACLS certification required.
- Current PALS certification required.
- NIHSS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- MAB certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Critical Care or Nurse Manager certification preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in the assigned service area preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in the clinical area, and leadership ability preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer (Word, Excel, and e-mail functions).
- Membership in professional specialty organization preferred.
- BSN required, MSN desired.
About the Hospital
Redlands Community Hospital is a not-for-profit, 229-bed acute care facility, and growing! Although officially founded and incorporated in 1929, RCH history has roots dating back to 1903 when Redlands opened its first medical facility.