Assistant Unit Manager I – Specialty Critical Care RN
Pay Range: 92,518.40 - $127,483.20 annually
Job ID: 22-19185-01
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC) is recruiting for Assistant Unit Managers I - Specialty Critical Care. Assistant Unit Managers I - Specialty Critical Care, are the first supervisory level of the nursing series, responsible for assigning and reviewing work, overseeing staffing, and assisting with the day-to-day clinical operations of a complex Special Critical Care Unit such as Emergency Department, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, or Perioperative Services. All Assistant Unit Manager I positions are assigned to the Night Shift.Vacancies exist in the following units: Burn, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Labor and Delivery and, Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Candidates must possess all of the following:License: Must possess and maintain Registered Nurse licensure with the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse with one (1) year of experience in a Specialty Unit (Burn Center, Cardiac Services, Critical Care (Medical Surgical, &Neonatal), Emergency Department/Trauma, Labor & Delivery Medical Imaging and Operative Services (GI Lab and PACU).
- Experience may be concurrent. Certification: Must possess and maintain current Healthcare Provider level
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and certifications/courses required by unit such as:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Fetal Monitoring
- Basic Arrhythmia Recognition
- Critical Care course
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale
- Neonatal Intensive Care course
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Operating Room Nursing Course
- Trauma Nurse Core Course
About the Hospital
ARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated teaching medical center featuring the newest in technology in the field of patient care. ARMC is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and five Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.