Nurse Educator – Specialty Critical Care
Pay Range: 95,222.40 - $127,233.60 annually
Job ID: 22-14022-01
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC) is hiring for Nurse Educator-Specialty Critical Care. This position will be responsible for devising and implementing staff development, continuing education, orientation and mandatory in-service programs in the specialty areas of Critical Care, Operative Services, Emergency Department/Trauma and Labor and Delivery.
Other duties will include: Coordinating and presenting mandatory in-service and competency programs; developing and implementing training in the use of new products and equipment; maintaining pertinent continuing education, records and reports for licensing agencies and department records; determining educational needs and plans and implements programs to meet these needs; training staff in the use of new and updated procedures and techniques; developing the necessary training and preparing instructional materials; and writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Candidates must possess all of the following: License: Must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Nurse with the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Education: Must possess an Associate's Degree in Nursing. Certifications: Must possess and maintain current Healthcare Provider level.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and required certifications:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring
- Basic Arrhythmia Recognition
- Critical Care Course National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale
- Neonatal Intensive Care Course
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Operating Room Nursing Course
- Experience: Three (3) years (within the past five years) of full-time experience as a Registered Nurse in which one (1) year must be in a Specialty Critical Care unit (Burn Center, Critical Care, & Neonatal), Emergency Department, Labor & Delivery, or OR, GI Lab, or PACU.
About the Hospital
ARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated teaching medical center featuring the newest in technology in the field of patient care. ARMC is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and five Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.