Clinical Nurse 2 (RN) – Emergency Department
Career, 7pm – 7am
Pay Range: $66.8-$89.97 Hourly
Job ID: 31002
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- MICN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN Certifications
- Sedation Class
- Minimum one (1) year of recent Adult ED RN experience or two (2) years of recent clinical nursing experience in acute in-patient care (med/surg or telemetry) or critical care.
- CPR/BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possession of a valid California RN license without restriction.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
About the Hospital
UC Davis Medical Center serves a 65,000-square-mile area that includes 33 counties and 6 million residents across Northern and Central California. The 646-bed acute-care teaching hospital maintains an annual budget of roughly $1.7 billion.