Nurse Per Diem(RN)-Burn Unit
Per Diem, 12 Hour, Nights
Pay Range: $85.98/hour
Job ID: 49323
Per Diem Registered Nurses in the Burn department at UC Davis Medical Center provide care to adult and pediatric patients with a variety of critical care (medical surgical, critical care, emergent, perioperative) needs. Patient conditions include primarily burns, exfoliative disorders, and complex wounds.
- 1 year of Recent Registered Nurse experience in the Burn ICU
- American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS CPR or UCDH-issued CPR Certification
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Valid California Registered Nurse License without restriction
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to utilize medical terminology appropriately.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care, taking into consideration protective interventions, development (behavioral and physical) and physiological characteristics specific to the patients.
About the Hospital
UC Davis Medical Center serves a 65,000-square-mile area that includes 33 counties and 6 million residents across Northern and Central California. The 646-bed acute-care teaching hospital maintains an annual budget of roughly $1.7 billion.