Clinical Nurse Specialist Oncology
Pay Range: $116500-282300 Annually
Job ID: 1117
Los Angeles, 90095
The Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist is the clinical nursing leader for the adult oncology solid tumor program at UCLA Health. The advanced knowledge and skills required for this role include clinical expertise in oncology, evidence-based practice, collaboration, consultation, education, mentoring, and change leadership. These are essential to advance the practice of nursing and the professional development of nurses. The specialized knowledge and skills are used within three major spheres of influence: patient/family, nurses and nursing practice, and the organization/system.
- Current valid CA RN and CNS license, required
- Masters degree in Nursing, required
- 5 years recent RN experience including 3 years recent RN experience in clinical specialty, required
- CNS Advanced Practice Certification or National certification in areas of specialty, highly desired
- One year CNS experience in clinical specialty . highly desired
- Demonstrated skills at the level of an advanced practice nurse in leadership, communication, collaboration, mentoring and change management as evidenced by CV/portfolio, letters of recommendation, references, interview and demonstration.
- Demonstrated ability at the level of an advanced practice nurse to utilize evidence to develop and implement practice standards and policies, teach and coach.
- Organizational, analytical, oral and written presentation skills with proficiency in MS Office programs.
About the Hospital
UCLA Health hospitals ranked #1 in both Los Angeles and California and rose to #3 nationally in an annual evaluation published today by U.S. News & World Report - the highest set of rankings UCLA has received in its history.
UCLA Health once again earned a coveted spot on the national honor roll, which names only the 20 hospitals that provide the highest-quality care across a wide range of procedures and conditions.