RN – EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT – WESTWOOD
Full Time, 12HRS
Pay Range: $56.63-84.19 Hourly
Job ID: 4923
Los Angeles, 90095
The role of the emergency department RN is to provide professional nursing care to patients in an academic, emergency department setting. The emergency department RN provides quality care to multiple patients of all ages with complex medical conditions. Ability to identify patient and family learning needs and promote effective working relationships is required. Populations include adult, pediatric, psych, geriatric, trauma, STEMI and stroke.
- BSN or MSN required
- Current and valid California RN license required
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS required
- ATCN or TNNC (in process is acceptable) required
- One year of direct patient care in an emergency department setting required
- Official transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire
- Clinical skills include patient assessment, IV start, and knowledge of medications, IV infusions and airway management
- Ability to provide appropriate care for high acuity patients such as stroke, STEMI, trauma, psych, and pediatric populations
- Identification of abnormal/ lethal cardiac rhythms and ability to provide appropriate treatment.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record documentation
- Skill in speaking English clearly and distinctly
- Ability to identify changes in patient condition and provide appropriate interventions
About the Hospital
UCLA Health hospitals ranked #1 in both Los Angeles and California and rose to #3 nationally in an annual evaluation published today by U.S. News & World Report - the highest set of rankings UCLA has received in its history.
UCLA Health once again earned a coveted spot on the national honor roll, which names only the 20 hospitals that provide the highest-quality care across a wide range of procedures and conditions.