RN- MED SURG/TELEMETRY – EMERGENCY CARE UNIT (OVERFLOW) -WESTWOOD
Full Time, 12HR, Nights
Pay Range: $56.63-84.19 Hourly
Job ID: 4927
Los Angeles, 90095
The role of the Emergency Care Unit (ECU) overflow nurse is to provide inpatient medical, surgical, telemetry, and stepdown level of care to patients admitted to the hospital from the Emergency Department (ED). The Overflow Nurse will care for the admitted patients in the dynamic, fast-paced, high-patient turnover environment of the Emergency Department. The overflow nurse will advance the inpatient plan of care in coordination with the admitting team, case management and ED Charge Nurse.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree
- Current and valid California RN license
- Current BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Must have at least 1 year of telemetry or med surg and telemetry experience
- Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire
- Clinical skills applicable to medical, surgical, telemetry, neuro and geriatric nursing
- Ability to manage multiple patients in an overflow unit with rapid patient turnover
- Skill in implementing appropriate nursing interventions based on patient history and current medical condition
- Knowledge of electronic medical record documentation
- Skill in speaking English
About the Hospital
UCLA Health hospitals ranked #1 in both Los Angeles and California and rose to #3 nationally in an annual evaluation published today by U.S. News & World Report - the highest set of rankings UCLA has received in its history.
UCLA Health once again earned a coveted spot on the national honor roll, which names only the 20 hospitals that provide the highest-quality care across a wide range of procedures and conditions.