SR. LVN, FLOAT – OBGYN (WESTWOOD)
Pay Range: $33.6-44.33 Hourly
Job ID: 2089
Los Angeles, 90095
The Sr. LVN provides nursing support and leadership to the department clinics. Major duties include: provide patient care in an outpatient setting, assist with procedures, start I.V.s, perform venipuncture, administer medications, manage patient flow, collect data as appropriate and provide back-up for the clinic front desk, as needed. The incumbent spends a significant portion of time contributing to the development and implementation of a teaching plan related to self-care for the patient. The LVN will travel and work at other department clinics throughout the community as assigned by the supervisor for coverage. Other duties, as assigned. Salary range: $33.60 -$44.33 Hourly
- Possess license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners
- Possession of CPR certification/BCLS through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Possession of IV certification
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other Urology clinics as assigned
- Ability to assist with clinical procedures
- Ability to perform patient assessments and take appropriate action
- Ability to write concise and clear progress notes
- Skill at setting up and maintaining sterile fields
- Skill at effectively communicating with patients, physicians, staff and the public
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships with administrators, doctors, peers and public.
- Knowledge and experience in administering intramuscular and oral medication and monitoring I.V.
- Ability to assess inventory levels
- Knowledge and understanding of medical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
About the Hospital
UCLA Health hospitals ranked #1 in both Los Angeles and California and rose to #3 nationally in an annual evaluation published today by U.S. News & World Report - the highest set of rankings UCLA has received in its history.
UCLA Health once again earned a coveted spot on the national honor roll, which names only the 20 hospitals that provide the highest-quality care across a wide range of procedures and conditions.