SR. LVN, FLOAT- UROLOGY (SANTA MONICA)
Pay Range: $33.6-44.33 Hourly
Job ID: 1273
Santa Monica, CA, 90095
In this position, you will provide nursing support and leadership in the Department of Urology. Major duties will include providing patient care in an outpatient setting, assisting with urologic procedures such as cystoscopies and bladder installations, starting I.V’s, performing venipuncture, administering medications, managing patient flow, collecting data as appropriate and provide back-up for the clinic front desk, as needed. You will also spend a significant portion of time contributing to the development and implementation of a teaching plan related to self-care for the patient. In this role, you will also travel and work at other UCLA Urology clinics throughout the community as assigned by the supervisor for coverage.
- Possess license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners
- Possession of CPR certification/BCLS through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Possession Phlebotomy and IV certification
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other Urology clinics as assigned
- Ability to perform patient assessments and take appropriate action
- Skill at setting up and maintaining sterile fields
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships with administrators, doctors, peers and public
- Knowledge and experience in administering intramuscular and oral medication and monitoring I.V.
- Ability to assess inventory levels
- Knowledge and understanding of medical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Knowledge of specific treatment protocols to be utilized
- Ability to exhibit flexibility in adjusting to changing demands and requirements of the position Preferred:
About the Hospital
UCLA Health hospitals ranked #1 in both Los Angeles and California and rose to #3 nationally in an annual evaluation published today by U.S. News & World Report - the highest set of rankings UCLA has received in its history.
UCLA Health once again earned a coveted spot on the national honor roll, which names only the 20 hospitals that provide the highest-quality care across a wide range of procedures and conditions.