SR. LVN – GONDA DIABETES, WESTWOOD
Pay Range: $33.6-44.33 Hourly
Job ID: 4916
Los Angeles, 90095
Under the direct supervision of the designated clinical staff member, provides direct patient care for diverse patient population. Works with clinic management, administration, faculty physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, and other clinical staff to include LVN’s and MA’s and ancillary personnel in providing total patient care, maintaining high standards of care, and recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms of life-threatening emergencies. Coordinate and prioritize tasks and protocols established by the department and/or Administration.
- Possess active license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners with Intravenous Therapy and blood withdrawal certification.
- Possession of active CPR BLS from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Ability to take vital signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed.
- Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report to the physician.
- Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life-threatening medical problems.
- Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with the physicians, staff, and all health providers.
- Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, Windows computer function, computer navigation, and ability to use computerized patient care systems.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments
About the Hospital
UCLA Health hospitals ranked #1 in both Los Angeles and California and rose to #3 nationally in an annual evaluation published today by U.S. News & World Report - the highest set of rankings UCLA has received in its history.
UCLA Health once again earned a coveted spot on the national honor roll, which names only the 20 hospitals that provide the highest-quality care across a wide range of procedures and conditions.