Staff RN, Emergency Room
Per Diem, Night
Pay Range: $57.90 - $66.88 Hourly
Job ID: 0001XH
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care to patients. Services provided are for acutely ill patients with medical / surgical diagnoses or maternal child health which are the primary reasons for admission. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary and nursing teams; carries out established nursing procedures and performs nursing care for patients with complex, multisystem needs. Demonstrates investment in the overall forward movement of the unit and the organization. Applies good interpersonal and communication process utilizing verbal and non-verbal skills to achieve organizational service goals of customer satisfaction and a positive work environment.
- A registered nurse with current RN experience in the specific service or department is preferred.
- Current RN experience in assigned area of Nursing, preferred
- One year acute care experience, preferred
- Possess basic computer skills, required
- A current RN licensure in the State of California is required
- Emergency Nurse certification preferred
- Mobile Intensive Care Nurse certification preferred
- Must successfully complete and maintain ACLS certification
- Must successfully complete and maintain BLS certification
- Must successfully complete and maintain PALS certification
- Obtain/Possess current Mgmt of Assaultive Behavior Certification; can obtain within 6 months of hire/start date
- Bachelors in Nursing (Preferred)
- (Registered Nurse ANDBasic Life Support ANDAdv Cardiac Life Support ANDPediatric Adv Life Support)
About the Hospital
USC Arcadia Hospital was founded in 1903 by the Women's Home Missionary Society of the Methodist Church. Having been founded in one of the busiest parts of the country, our full-service hospital has grown significantly in the last 100 years. We currently have 348 licensed beds, and treat more than 40,000 patients in the Emergency Department each year. We have spared no effort to provide our patients with the best care possible. Our facility is outfitted with advanced diagnostic technology like the 320-slice CT scanner and high-definition MRI. We also manage state-of-the-art catheterization labs, electrophysiology, and neuro-interventional radiology.