Diabetes Educator RN – Education Unit
Van Nuys, 91405
- The Diabetes Educator will assist with conducting needs assessments, developing and implementing educational programs according to the individualized needs of inpatients, outpatients, professional development, the community and specific to hospital service lines. The Diabetes Educator will assist with the administration and sustainability of hospital-wide educational programs by directing and efficiently utilizing resources to meet organizational goals.
- Minimum 2 years in specialty area of practice preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in acute care setting preferred.
- Visual acuity to observe patient assessment data and use manual/automated documentation tools
- Effective communication skills including speaking, enunciating, and writing. Able to receive and give information in person, by telephone, and in writing
- Emotional stability conducive to dealing with a high stress level associated with management, care coordination, caring for acute patients/SO, fast paced physical activity, emotional demands of maintaining effective working relationships with peers, manager, physicians, external customers, and other health care workers
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
- BSN degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator through the NCBDE within 1 year of hire
- Must successfully complete and maintain BLS certification
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card certification at the time of hire or within the first 30 days of employment
About the Hospital
As an independent community hospital, our family of diverse nurses work together in a compassionate environment with engaged leaders to provide excellent care and service to our community. That's why Valley Presbyterian Hospital is pursuing Magnet Recognition to demonstrate our commitment to patient outcomes and career development for nurses.