Operating Room RNFA – Registered Nurse
Van Nuys, 91405
The Operating Room RNFA is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner with respect and dignity. Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and OR Manager, the Operating Room Registered Nurse First Assistant assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of both inpatients and outpatients in accordance with individual needs, physician orders, Hospital policy and standards of patient care.
- At least two years previous surgical nursing experience in acute care setting or completion of an OR Resident training program.
- Completion of the RNFA program. Possesses capabilities as determined by the Director of Surgical Services or by the OR Manager.
- Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS, PALS and CNOR, RNFA certification preferred
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card certification at the time of hire or within the first 30 days of employment
About the Hospital
As an independent community hospital, our family of diverse nurses work together in a compassionate environment with engaged leaders to provide excellent care and service to our community. That's why Valley Presbyterian Hospital is pursuing Magnet Recognition to demonstrate our commitment to patient outcomes and career development for nurses.