Outpatient Wound Care RN/Clinical Nurse II
Full Time, 8HR, Days
Van Nuys, 91405
The Outpatient Wound Registered Nurse/Clinical II (CN II) is a licensed experienced professional supervised by the Clinical Supervisor/Clinical III (CN III), Nurse Manager/Nursing Director. The Wound CN II is accountable for the coordination of patient care and education to the patient and family in the outpatient clinic accordance with the standards, policies, and practices in a compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic environment. These outpatient clinic services further the mission of Valley Presbyterian Hospital, which is to provide high quality, cost effective healthcare for the community served by VPH.
- Minimum one (1) year of recent nursing experience, preferably in an acute care setting as a registered nurse and for the department to which the registered nurse is hired.
- Recommended 1 year hands on wound care experience
- Recommended 1 year of outpatient experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is required as of May of 2016.
- Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Must successfully complete and maintain BLS certification
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card certification at the time of hire or within the first 30 days of employment
- Recommended wound care certification
About the Hospital
As an independent community hospital, our family of diverse nurses work together in a compassionate environment with engaged leaders to provide excellent care and service to our community. That's why Valley Presbyterian Hospital is pursuing Magnet Recognition to demonstrate our commitment to patient outcomes and career development for nurses.