Telemetry Float Pool RN
(Per-Diem, PRN II
Van Nuys, 91405
- The Professional Resource Nurse (PRN) II is a flexible and experienced professional RN who is competent to work within the following specialty groups as indicated on the PRN Agreement.
- The PRN II is an expert clinical nurse who utilizes the nursing process to provide safe and therapeutic care to emergent and critically ill and injured patients. S/he functions as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team, carries out established policies, procedures and standards to meet the needs of high acuity patients. S/he advocates forward movement of the mission, vision and values of the organization, i.e. promotes patient throughput, the optimal patient experience and integrates evidenced based nursing into clinical practice.
- Minimum three (3) years current clinical experience as a registered nurse in an acute-care setting.
- Validated competencies in the following areas: clinical practice, evidence based practice, research, Quality/Process Improvement, education, and leadership (i.e. preceptor / mentor / charge responsibilities)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card certification 30 days of employment or transfer
- Upon hire, see PRN Program Agreement for specific required certifications.
About the Hospital
As an independent community hospital, our family of diverse nurses work together in a compassionate environment with engaged leaders to provide excellent care and service to our community. That's why Valley Presbyterian Hospital is pursuing Magnet Recognition to demonstrate our commitment to patient outcomes and career development for nurses.