Case Manager, RN
Full time Days 10A-6:30P
Santa Clarita, 91355
The RN Case Manager is responsible for coordination of care, utilization review, acting as a resource to patient, family and nursing units; referrals to clinical social worker for psycho-social issues and complicated discharge planning issues; and overseeing coordination of post-hospital care needs; interacting with insurance companies, medical groups, and community resources to ensure timely, efficient use of all services
- Licensure and Certification:
- Current CA RN license
- Current BLS provider card
- Case Management certification preferred
- Diploma, AA, BS in Nursing
- MS in Nursing preferred
- Two (2) years as a Case Manager in an acute care setting or five years recent acute care nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, leadership ability, negotiation skills, and knowledge of hospital operations. General knowledge of the payer industry, resource management, reimbursement, and evidence-based clinical practice is essential.
- Knowledge of InterQual and/or Milliman preferred
About the Hospital
Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital is a 357-bed comprehensive trauma center, not-for-profit community hospital located in Southern California's beautiful Santa Clarita Valley!