RN Clinical – Perioperative Float Pool
Full Time, 12 Hour, Rotating Shifts
Los Angeles, 90033
The perioperative registered nurse uses the nursing process, designs, coordinates, and delivers care to meet the identified needs of all patients during perioperative phase. Perioperative nurses possess and apply knowledge of procedure and patient’s intraoperative experience throughout the patient care continuum.
Perioperative nursing includes, but is not limited to: Peer education and patient/family teaching; support and reassurance; advocacy; control of environment; efficient provision of resources; maintenance of asepsis; monitoring physiological and psychological status; management aggregate patient needs; supervision of ancillary personnel; preoperative exploration, validation of current and future practices; integration and coordination of care across settings and among disciplines, collaboration and consultation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of 3 (three) years as an operating room nurse in an acute care setting immediately prior to application.
- Experience in 3 surgical specialties required
- Experience in scrubbing preferred Required License/Certification:
- • Valid California Registered Nursing license
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
- ACLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association preferred
- CNOR preferred
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.