Manager, Appeals and Grievances General Operations (RN-Clinical)
The Manager, Appeals & Grievances (A&G) & General Operations (Clinical) is responsible for the daily oversight of clinical appeals and grievances functions within the Appeals & Grievances Department to ensure clinical grievances, complaints, appeals and complex issues are investigated and resolved using regulatory guidance across all lines of business.
Provides direct supervision to the A&G clinical team and the unit that supports them in order to assure operational effectiveness which includes the implementation and adherence to L.A. Care's Policies & Procedures that meet Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), the California Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC), the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and other rules/ regulations/ standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 6-8 years of clinical acute care experience with at least 3 years of experience with health care grievance and/or appeals issues, preferably in a managed care or Medicaid health Plan environment and/or public services or public benefits programs.
- At least 3+ years of management level operations leadership experience.
- Experience working with firm deadlines, regulators, detail oriented with the ability to interpret and apply regulations
- Experience building relationships with organizations and business partners.
- Managed care experience
About the Hospital
As the nation's largest publicly-operated health plan, we have a great responsibility to the communities we serve, and our employees play an essential role in ensuring we meet those needs.
Why Join Us?
Opportunity. Amazing co-workers. A supportive management team. Great compensation and benefits. Camaraderie and a true sense of mission. If you want a career that truly contributes to the good of all, join us as we work towards a healthier L.A.