RN Case Manager
Full time, Days
Pay Range: $49.27-$81.30 Hourly
Job ID: 18684-977
The RN Case Manager manages a continuum of care from pre-admission through post-discharge for assigned patients. Assure that patients and families proceed efficiently throughout the course of hospitalization. Focus of the position is the appropriate utilization of hospital services, maximizing reimbursement from all third party payors, and education of medical/hospital staff about healthcare options.
- Broad knowledge of disease process, pathophysiology and treatment plan
- Strong assessment skills with high-developed critical thinking skills and analysis abilities
- Good understanding of psychosocial and cognitive assessment
- Familiarity with discharge planning process and care options
- Maintain an active California RN license.
- Computer proficiency.
- Minimum of 3 years acute hospital clinical nursing experience.
- Previous experience in case management preferred.
- Organizational abilities and familiarity with medical assessment. Understands treatment plans and healthcare delivery system.
About the Hospital
PIH Health Hospital - Downey is a nonprofit hospital with a rich, nearly 100-year history of meeting the healthcare needs of its community.
The Downey campus is part of the PIH Health comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 18 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
According to US News & World Report, the hospital scores highly in patient safety and orthopedics. With 955 employees, the hospital is the 5th largest employer in the city of Downey.