Unit Manager RN
Pay Range: 101,192 - $139,360 annually
Job ID: 22-19181-01
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC) is recruiting Unit Managers who are responsible for managing Assistant Unit Managers, Registered Nurses and related support staff assigned to a specialty critical care, specialty care or non-specialty patient care units. This position oversees the day-to-day unit operations and assumes 24-hour responsibility.
Unit Managers will supervise and direct the work of others; assign, review, and evaluate, work of assigned nursing and support staff; prepare and/or sign work performance evaluations; handles disciplinary and hiring and firing actions; prepare schedules and approve time off.
- Candidates must possess all of the following:
- License: Must possess and maintain Registered Nurse licensure with the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse. One (1) year must have been in one of the specialty areas AND must include one (1) year of experience as a full-scope supervisor over professional nursing staff.
- Experience may be concurrent. Education: A Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, Business or Healthcare Administration or other closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Certification: Must possess and maintain current Healthcare Provider level.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and certifications/courses required by unit such as: Desired Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse with 2 or more years of experience supervising professional staff in acute care.
About the Hospital
ARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated teaching medical center featuring the newest in technology in the field of patient care. ARMC is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and five Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.